Certificate III in Hospitality
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This course requires 25 hours per week over 52 weeks. Students will grasp a thorough understanding of core skills used in the hospitality field. These include administration, covering spreadsheets, business documents and sourcing industry information, client and customer service skills, communication including social and cultural sensitivity and coaching others, and work safety.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
Unit Cluster 1: Administration 2
- SITHIND006 Source and use information on the hospitality industry *
- SITXFIN007 Process financial transactions
Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills 2
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXCCS010 Provide visitor information
- SITXCCS012 Provide lost and found services
- SITHIND008 Work effectively in hospitality service *
- SITXCCS014 Provide service to customers *
- SITHIND005 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHFAB024 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages (Pre-requisite SITXFSA005 required)
- SITHFAB025 Prepare and serve espresso coffee (Pre-requisite SITXFSA005required)
Unit Cluster 3: Communication 2
- SITXCOM007 Show social and cultural sensitivity *
- SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills *
Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety 2
- SITXWHS005 Participate in safe work practices *
- SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol
52 weeks [6 weeks break]
(* 6 core | 9 elective units, Total 15 units must be completed)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.0 or equivalent and above.
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students enrolled in the Certificate III in Hospitality course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts. Students are required to source their own work placements.
Students successfully completing this course may enter further study at Diploma level at CTI or an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. Individuals may progress to SIT40422 Certificate IV in Hospitality receiving 3 Units of Credit into that program, or could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in hospitality or broader service industries, or Certificate IV qualifications in other service industry fields.
- Food, beverage and gaming Attendant
- Accommodation services Attendant
- Senior Bar Attendant
Please contact college staff for fees.