Certificate III in Hospitality
The SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality provides the opportunity for students to become skilled operators who use a range of well-developed hospitality skills. Students who complete this course will be able to enter into the hospitality field with a sound knowledge of industry operations. They will work with some independence and under limited supervision and may provide operational advice and support to team members.
This course requires 25 hours per week over 52 weeks. Students will grasp a thorough understanding of core skills used in the hospitality field. These include administration, covering spreadsheets, business documents and sourcing industry information, client and customer service skills, communication including social and cultural sensitivity and coaching others, and work safety.
Students successfully completing this course may enter further study at Diploma level at CTI or an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. Individuals may progress to SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality receiving 3 Units of Credit into that program, or could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in hospitality or broader service industries.
For further information on this course including study options and locations, download the course guide.
Unit Cluster 1: Administration 2
- BSBWOR204 Use business technology
- BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
- BSBITU202 Create and use spreadsheets
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills 2
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
Unit Cluster 3: Communication 2
- BSBITU309 Produce desktop published documents
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety 2
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
(48 weeks study + 4 weeks break)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.0 or equivalent and above.
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students enrolled in the Certificate III in Hospitality course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts. Students are required to source their own work placements.
Students successfully completing this course may enter further study at Diploma level at CTI or an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. Individuals may progress to SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality receiving 3 Units of Credit into that program, or could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in hospitality or broader service industries, or Certificate IV qualifications in other service industry fields.
- Food and Beverage Attendant,
- Senior Bar Attendant
Please contact college staff for fees.
Training & Assessment Strategy