Certificate IV in Ageing Support
The CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community-based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication
- CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
- CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
- CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
- CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
: Students will be required to complete a mandatory vocational placement in an ageing or disability support workplace. CTI could assist with finding suitable vocational placement with our partners in the industry.
52 weeks [6 weeks break]
(15 Core units, 3 Electives, Total 18 Units)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
There are no entry requirements for the individual units of competencies that make up this qualification, however CTI have the following entry requirements specific:
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- Physically capability for manual handling activities
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students will need to source the following equipment on their own:
- Black leather enclosed shoes (nursing shoes) *
- Black pants
CTI will provide students with the following:
- Name Tag
- Polo shirt with logo
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
Students successfully completing this course may enter further study at Diploma level at CTI or an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. Individuals may progress to CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services, or could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in aged care or community services industry fields.
- Community Program Coordinator
- Residential Care Worker
- Support Worker (Community Services)
- Care Supervisor
- Personal Care Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Personal Care Assistant
- Residential Care Officer
- Day Activity Worker
Please contact college staff for fees.