Diploma of Community Services
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
Note that the Statutory & forensic child, youth & family welfare specialisationmust be achieved in orderto meet the minimum education requirements for child protection and youth justice practice in Victoria. In addition, to meet the minimum education requirements for entry into child protection practice in Victoria, diploma qualifications must be approved by the Australian Community Workers Association (ACWA)
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 100 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety **
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services *
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- CHCCSM006 Provide case management supervision
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCADV002 Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people **
- CHCDIS010 Provide person-centered services to people with disability with complex needs
- CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services **
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability **
: Students will be required to complete a mandatory vocational placement in an ageing support workplace. This vocation placement will be organised by Canterbury Technical Institute at Blue Care Kallangur.
* This unit requires a commitment of 120 hours vocational placement during the course duration.
** Those units of competency where the skills must be demonstrated in an approved facility and/or workplace. The units require a commitment of an additional 20 hours during 2-week placement block.
104 weeks [26 weeks break]
(8 Core units, 8 Electives, Total 16 Units)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
There are no entry requirements for the individual units of competencies that make up this qualification, however CTI have the following entry requirements specific:
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- Physically capability for manual handling activities
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students will need to source the following equipment on their own:
- Black leather enclosed shoes (nursing shoes) *
- Black pants
- Safety Goggles
- Name Tag
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
Statement of Attainment of accredited units
Students successfully completing this course will gain the opportunity to take the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities, or could progress to a wide range of other qualifications in community services industry fields.
- Community Care Manager
- Family Services Coordinator
- Housing Manager
- Case Coordinator
- Pastoral Care Counsellor
- Welfare Support Worker
- Early Intervention Worker
- Community Program Coordinator
Please contact college staff for fees.