Diploma of Hospitality Management
The CTI Diploma of Hospitality Management provides you with the skills and knowledge to work in all areas of the hospitality industry as a manager including restaurants, hotels, motels, café and coffee shops. You will work independently as well as have responsibility for managing a team and make a range of operational decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
The course runs over 52 weeks with 25 hours per week. Students who successfully complete this course may continue with further study at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level at CTI.
For further information on this course including study options and locations, download the course guide.
Unit Cluster 1: Administration 4
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- BSBHRM506 Manage recruitment, selection and induction processes
Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills 4
- BSBCUS501 Manage quality customer service
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
Unit Cluster 3: Communication 4
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- BSBLDR502 Lead and manage effective workplace relationships
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- BSBCMM401 Make a presantation
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
Unit Cluster 5: Sustainability
- BSBRSK501 Manage Risk
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
(43 weeks' study + 9 weeks break)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students enrolled in the Diploma of Hospitality Management course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts. Students are required to source their own work placements.
Students successfully completing this course may further study at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level at CTI. Individuals can also progress to other qualifications in any service industry field or advance to study at a university of their choice.
- Food Service, Bar and Accommodation Manager
- Department Manager
Please contact college staff for fees.
Training & Assessment Strategy