Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Programming)
The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Programming) provides students with the skills and knowledge to be competent in programming and software development. A person with this qualification can create new software products to meet a project brief or customise software products to meet customer needs. This course includes communication skills, project management, software testing, network and system administration, object orientated programming in languages such as Java, php and android object-oriented systems analysis and web design.
Unit Cluster 1: Work in IT Teams
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
Unit Cluster 2: IT Projects
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
Unit Cluster 3: Advanced Programming Specialisation
- ICTPRG535 Build advanced user interfaces
- ICTPRG547 Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG549 Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
- ICTPRG554 Manage dada persistence using mySQL data stores
- ICTPRG556 Implement and use a model view controller framework
Unit Cluster 4: Back End Web Development
- ICTDBS507 Integrate databases with website
Unit Cluster 5: Front End Web Development
- ICTWEB514 Create dynamic web pages
Unit Cluster 6: Systems and Software Design
- ICTPRG546 Validate application designs against specifications
- ICTPRG551 Apply testing techniques for software development
Unit Cluster 7: Programming
- ICTPRG530 Manage projects using software management tools
- ICTPMG537 Implement security for applications
- ICTPRG538 Create mashups
- ICTPRG542 Review developed software
- ICTPRG533 Debug and monitor applications
52 weeks [40 weeks study + 12 weeks break]
(6 Core units, 14 Electives, Total 20 Units)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
ICT15 Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate qualifications or higher education qualifications.
Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking / Game Art & Design / Cyber Security), Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership and management or you can continue on to University.
- Game programmer and software developer
- Database and data management
- Cloud engineering
- Cloud architecture
- Front end web development
- System analysis
Please contact college staff for fees.