Certificate IV in Hospitality
This qualification reflects the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality service, sales or operational skills combined with supervisory skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
The course runs over 52 weeks with 25 hours per week. Students will come away with an excellent understanding of administration, client and customer service, communication and work safety. Under these clusters, students cover a range of units including complex spreadsheets, managing finances within a budget, rostering staff, leadership and managing people, coaching, managing conflict, diversity in the workplace and much more.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a supervisor in hospitality organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for acquiring targeted skills in accommodation services, food and beverage, and gaming.
Unit Cluster 1: Administration 3
- SITXFIN009 Manage finances within a budget *
- SITTTVL004 Sell tourism products or services
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- SITXHRM008 Roster staff *
- SITXHRM009 Lead and manage people *
Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills 3
- SITHIND008 Work effectively in hospitality service *
- SITXCCS014 Provide service to customers
- SITXCCS015 Enhance customer service experiences *
- SITXFSA005 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA006 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITHFAB021 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB025 Prepare and serve espresso coffee (Pre-requisite SITXFSA005 required)
- SITHFAB024 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
Unit Cluster 3: Communication 3
- SITXCOM010 Manage conflict *
- SITXCCS010 Provide visitor information
- SITXCCS012 Provide lost and found services
- SITXMGT004 Monitor work operations *
- SITXHRM007 Coach others in job skills *
- SITEEV023 Plan inhouse events
Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety
- SITXWHS007 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices *
- SITXWHS006 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
52 weeks [6 weeks break]
(* 9 core | 12 elective units, Total 21 units must be completed)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.0 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students enrolled in the Certificate IV in Hospitality course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts. Students are required to source their own work placements.
Students successfully completing this course may further study at Diploma level at CTI or for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. After achieving SIT40422 Certificate IV in Hospitality, individuals could progress to SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality or Diploma qualifications in any service industry field.
- Hospitality or Customer Service Supervisor
Please contact college staff for fees.