Certificate IV in Hospitality
The SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality produces individuals who can perform the role of skilled operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with sound knowledge of industry operations. They will operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems. Many individuals will enter into the workforce with supervisory responsivities and plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members.
The course runs over 52 weeks with 25 hours per week. Students will come away with an excellent understanding of administration, client and customer service, communication and work safety. Under these clusters, students cover a range of units including complex spreadsheets, managing finances within a budget, rostering staff, leadership and managing people, coaching, managing conflict, diversity in the workplace and much more.
Students who successfully complete this course may continue with further study at the Diploma level at CTI for an Australian Apprentice pathway.
Unit Cluster 1: Administration 3
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- SITXINV004 Control stock
Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills 3
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITEEVT005 Plan in-house events or functions
- SITTTSL005 Sell tourism products and services
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
Unit Cluster 3: Communication 3
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- SITXMPR004 Coordinate marketing activities
Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
52 weeks [4 weeks break]
(9 Core units, 12 Electives, Total 21 Units)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.0 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students enrolled in the Certificate IV in Hospitality course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts. Students are required to source their own work placements.
Students successfully completing this course may further study at Diploma level at CTI or for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. After achieving SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality, individuals could progress to SIT50313 Diploma of Hospitality or Diploma qualifications in any service industry field.
- Hospitality or Customer Service Supervisor
Please contact college staff for fees.