Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
The Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management will provide you with a broad range of hospitality skills combined with specialised managerial skills and substantial knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate with significant autonomy and are responsible for making strategic business management decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector and for a diversity of employers including restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi-skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
Unit Cluster 1: Management
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBFIM601 Manage finances
- BSBMGT517 Manage operational plan
- SITFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITFIN005 Manage physical assets
- SITHRM003 Lead and manage people
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
Unit Cluster 2: Business Planning
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan
- SITXMPR007 Develop and implement marketing strategies
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
Unit Cluster 3: Customer Service Skills
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
Unit Cluster 4: Administration
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
Unit Cluster 5: Work Safety
- SITXWHS004 Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
Unit Cluster 6: Kitchen Skills
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experience
- SITHFAB016 Provide advise on food
- SITXCOM001 Source and present information
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- SITEEVT010 Manage on-site event operations
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXWHS002 Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students enrolled in the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management course must complete a mandatory work placement of 36 shifts. Students are required to source their own work placements.
Students successfully completing this course may further study at Diploma or Advanced Diploma level at CTI. Individuals can also progress to other qualifications in any service industry field or advance to study at a university of their choice.
- Area manager or operations manager
- Executive chef
- Food and beverage manager
- Rooms division manager
Please contact college staff for fees.
Training & Assessment Strategy