Diploma of Information Technology (General)
The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (General) provides students with the skills and knowledge to be competent in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have established specialised skills in a technical ICT function. A person with this qualification can carry out moderately complex tasks in specialist fields, working independently, as part of a team or leading deliverables with others. They may apply their skills across a wide range of industries, business functions and departments, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
Unit Cluster 1: Work in IT Teams
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
Unit Cluster 2: IT Projects
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
Unit Cluster 3: Programming
- ICTPRG535 Build advanced user interfaces
- ICTPRG547 Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG549 Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
Unit Cluster 4: Software Development
- ICTWEB514 Create dynamic web pages
- ICTSAD501 Model data objects
- ICTSAD502 Model data processes
- ICTWEB513 Build dynamic websites
Unit Cluster 5: Networking
- BSBPMG513 Manage project quality
- ICTNWK529 Install and manage complex ICT networks
- ICTSAS517 Use network tools
- ICTNWK518 Design an enterprise wireless local area network
- ICTNWK531 Configure an internet gateway
Unit Cluster 6: Operating Systems
- ICTNWK615 Design and configure desktop virtualisation
- ICTSAS518 Install and upgrade operating systems
52 weeks [40 weeks study + 12 weeks break]
(6 Core units, 14 Electives, Total 20 Units)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
ICT15 Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate qualifications or higher education qualifications.
Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking / Game Art & Design / Cyber Security), Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership and management or you can continue on to University.
- Systems administrator
- Systems analysis
- Game programmer and software developer
- Database and data management
- Cloud engineering
Please contact college staff for fees.