Diploma of Software Development
The ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development provides students with the skills and knowledge to be competent in programming and software development. A person with this qualification can create new software products to meet a project brief or customise software products to meet customer needs. This course includes communication skills, project management, software testing, network and system administration, object orientated programming in languages such as Java, php and android object-oriented systems analysis and web design.
For further information on this course including study options and locations, download the course guide.
Unit Cluster 1: Intermediate Programming
- ICTICT418 Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an IT environment
- ICTPRG502 Manage a project using software management tools
- ICTPRG418 Apply intermediate programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG527 Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
Unit Cluster 2: Advanced Programming
- ICTPRG505 Build advanced user interface
- ICTPRG501 Apply advanced object oriented language skills
- ICTPRG523 Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- ICTPRG507 Implement security for applications
Unit Cluster 3: Networks and Servers
- ICTPRG508 Create mashup
- ICTNWK505 Design, build and test a network server
- ICTNWK531 Configure an internet gateway
- ICTNWK511 Manage network security
Unit Cluster 4: Testing and Validation
- ICTPRG503 Debug and monitor applications
- ICTPRG504 Deploy and application to a production environment
- ICTPRG520 Validate an application design against specifications
- ICTSAS529 Apply testing techniques for software development
(40 weeks study + 12 weeks break)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
ICT15 Advanced Diploma or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualification or higher education qualifications.
Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Digital and Interactive games (with 1 unit of credit from the above), Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership and Management or you can continue on to University.
- Web Developer, IT Support
- Applications Programmer
- Database Officer
- Programme R/ Analyst
- Technical Officer
Please contact college staff for fees.
Training & Assessment Strategy