Diploma of Information Technology (Game Art and Design)
The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Game Art and Design) sets you up with the design and graphic/ digital media and programming skills you need to develop digital games as an independent specialist, or working as part of a larger team.
This fun and exciting course allows you to work as an online game developer, mobile device game developer, interactive internet developer and TV game developer.
Our hands-on course gives you the practical know-how to combine with the theoretical application to deliver fully functioning games.
Our classes, courses and assessment are all created with you in mind; with experienced instructors, hands on training and video exams that consider your unique situation.
The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Game Art and Design) is a Nationally Recognised course.
Unit Cluster 1: Work in IT Teams
- BSBCRT512 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
Unit Cluster 2: IT Projects
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
Unit Cluster 3: Game Art & Design
- ICTGAM539 Create and implement designs for 3-Dgames environments
- ICTGAM542 Animate 3-D characters for digital games
- ICTGAM543 Produce digital animation sequences
- ICTGAM545 Manage technical art and rigging in 3-D animations
- ICTGAM552 Create complex 3-D characters for games
- ICTGAM540 Design and create models for 3-D and digital effects environments
- ICTGAM554 Create games for mobile devices
- ICTGAM538 Manage testing of games and interactive media
- ICTGAM532 Create design concepts for digital games and 3-D media
- ICTGAM533 Create complex 3-D interactive games
- ICTGAM549 Collaborate in design of 3-D game levels and environments
- ICTGAM546 Create and combine 3-D digital games and components
- ICTGAM547 Create interactive 3-D environments for digital games
- ICTGAM551 Apply digital texturing for the 3-D environment in digital games
52 weeks [40 weeks study + 12 weeks break]
(6 Core units, 14 Electives, Total 20 Units)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
ICT15 Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate qualifications or higher education qualifications.
Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Programming/ Advanced Networking / Cyber Security), Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership and management or you can continue on to University.
- 3D Graphic Designer and animator
- Game designer/developer
- Game programmer and software developer
- Marketing material designer
- Virtual environment designer
- 3D printing designer
Please contact college staff for fees.