Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking)
The ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking) provides students with the skills and knowledge to be competent in designing and managing complex ICT networks.
Unit Cluster 1: Work in IT Teams
- BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts
- BSBXCS402 Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team
Unit Cluster 2: IT Projects
- ICTICT517 Match ICT needs with the strategic direction of the organisation
- ICTICT532 Apply IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTSAS527 Manage client problems
Unit Cluster 3: Advanced Networking
- ICTNWK529 Install and Manage complex ICT networks
- ICTNWK536 Plan, implement and test enterprise communication solutions
- ICTNWK540 Design, build and test network servers
- ICTNWK546 Manage Network Security
- ICTNWK557 Configure and mange advanced virtual computing environments
- ICTNWK559 Install an enterprise virtual computing environment
Unit Cluster 4: Networking
- ICTNWK517 Determine best-fit topology for a wide area network
- ICTNWK531 Configure internet gateway
- ICTNWK542 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise routers
- ICTNWK543 Install, operate and troubleshoot medium enterprise Switches
- ICTNWK544 Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
- ICTNWK556 Identify and resolve network problems
- IICTNWK558 Monitor and troubleshoot virtual computing environments
- ICTNWK623 Manage ICT security
52 weeks [40 weeks study + 12 weeks break]
(6 Core units, 14 Electives, Total 20 Units)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
ICT15 Advanced Diploma or Graduate Certificate qualifications or higher education qualifications.
Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Programming/ Game Art & Design / Cyber Security), Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership and management or you can continue on to University.
- Network administrator
- Network security coordinator
- IT administrator
- Network operations analyst
Please contact college staff for fees.