Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games
The ICT50215 Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games sets you up with the design and graphic/ digital media and programming skills you need to develop digital games as an independent specialist, or working as part of a larger team.
This fun and exciting course allows you to work as an online game developer, mobile device game developer, interactive internet developer and TV game developer.
Our hands-on course gives you the practical know-how to combine with the theoretical application to deliver fully functioning games.
Our classes, courses and assessment are all created with you in mind; with experienced instructors, hands on training and video exams that consider your unique situation.
The ICT50215 Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games is a Nationally Recognised course.
For further information on this course including study options and locations, download the course guide.
Unit Cluster 1: Working in the Gaming Industry and Game Data
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- ICTICT419 Work effectively in the digital media industry
- ICTGAM419 Build a database to support a computer game
- ICTPRG425 Use structured query language
Unit Cluster 2: Game Design
- ICTGAM501 Create design concepts for digital games and 3-D media
- ICTGAM523 Collaborate in the design of 3-D game levels and environments
- ICTGAM514 Design and create models for a 3-D and digital effects environment
- ICTGAM515 Design and create advanced particles, fluids and bodies for 3-D digital effects
Unit Cluster 3: 3-D Art and Animation
- ICTGAM526 Create complex 3-D characters for games
- ICTGAM519 Manage technical art and rigging in 3-D animation
- ICTGAM516 Animate a 3-D character for digital games
- ICTGAM517 Produce a digital animation sequence
Unit Cluster 4: Games Development
- ICTGAM511 Manage testing of games and interactive media
- ICTPRG501 Apply advanced object-oriented language skills
- ICTGAM521 Create interactive 3-D environments for digital games
- ICTGAM503 Create a complex 3-D interactive computer game
(40 weeks study + 12 weeks break)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 5.5 or equivalent and above
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
ICT15 Advanced Diploma or Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications or higher education qualifications.
Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Software Development (with 1 unit of credit from the above), Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership and management or you can continue on to University.
- 3D Graphic Designer and animator
- Game designer/developer
- Game programmer and software developer
- Marketing material designer
- Virtual environment designer
- 3D printing designer
Please contact college staff for fees.
Training & Assessment Strategy