Certificate II in Hospitality
The SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality provides students with the opportunity to learn a range of basic yet important hospitality operational skills. These practical skills are combined with solid industry knowledge and are directly transferrable to the smooth running of everyday tasks in a supervised hospitality environment.
Students successfully completing this course may enter further business or management qualifications at CTI or progress to a wide range of other qualifications in the hospitality and broader service industries.
The course will take 26 weeks to complete with 25 hours per week encompassing a range of core skills from administration elements to customer service, communication and work safety elements. Each graduate will have a competent understanding of all aspects involved in a supervised hospitality environment.
The SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality is a nationally recognised course.
For further information on this course including study options and locations, download the course guide.
Unit Cluster 1: Administration
- BSBITU201 Produce simple word processed documents
Unit Cluster 2: Client and Customer Service Skills
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- SITHIND003 Use hospitality skills effectively
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
Unit Cluster 3: Communication
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXCOM001 Source and present information
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- SITXCCS003 Interact with customers
Unit Cluster 4: Work Safety 2
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
26 weeks (no break)
Please contact college staff for intake dates.
- An overall equivalent IELTS 4.5 or equivalent and above.
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A verified copy of qualifications & transcripts is required to accompany your application
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
Students enrolled in the Certificate II in Hospitality course must complete a mandatory work placement of 12 shifts. Students are required to source their own work placements.
Students successfully completing this course may enter further Business or Management qualification at CTI or progress to a wide range of other qualifications in the Hospitality and broader service industries. Other study opportunities with CTI include Diploma of Business, Advanced Diploma of Business, Diploma of Leadership and Management, Diploma of Digital and Interactive Games and Diploma of Software Development.
- Barista, Alcohol Service, Waiter
Please contact college staff for fees.
Training & Assessment Strategy