ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of IT
The ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology provides high level information and communications technology (ICT), process improvement and business skills and knowledge to enable an individual to be effective in senior ICT roles within organisations. The qualification builds on a base core of management competencies, with specialist and general elective choices to suit particular ICT and business needs, especially in the areas of knowledge management and systems development.
- Business Analyst / System Analyst
- ICT Project Manager / Network Specialist
- Software Developer / Web Developer
For further information on this course including study options and locations, download the course guide.
Total number of units = 16
(5 core units * / 11 elective units must be selected)
CRICOS Code: 096769A
The ICT60115 Course Includes
|Unit Cluster 1: Lead IT Teams|
|ICTICT610 *||Manage copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|BSBWOR502 *||Lead and manage team effectiveness|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level|
|BSBINN601||Lead and manage organisational change|
|Unit Cluster 2: Manage IT Projects|
|ICTPMG609 *||Plan and direct complex ICT projects|
|ICTPMG606||Manage ICT project quality|
|ICTICT606||Develop communities of practice|
|ICTSUS601 *||Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects|
|Unit Cluster 3: Manage Business Systems|
|BSBMGT608||Manage innovation and continuous improvement|
|ICTICT604||Identify and implement business innovation|
|ICTDBS602||Develop a knowledge management strategy|
|ICTICT605||Implement a knowledge management strategy|
|Unit Cluster 4: Data Security and Management|
|ICTNWK616||Manage security, privacy and compliance of cloud service deployment|
|ICTPRG604 *||Create cloud computing services|
|ICTDBS601||Build a data warehouse|
|ICTDBS501||Monitor and improve knowledge management system|
Preferred entry requirements for candidates considering this qualification include:
- An overall IELTS band 5.5 or equivalent and above;
- 18 years and above with a High School Certificate (Year 12)
- A Diploma level qualification
- Students will / may have to meet the entry criteria’s depending on individual qualification requirements
- A verified copy of qualification & transcripts is required along with the application.
- Qualification & transcripts need to be verified by CTI’s approved student recruitment agent to confirm their genuine status.
*Documents not in English should be provided with a certified translation
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
(As per ICT15 Information and Communication Technology Training Package Version 3.1)
Pathways INTO the qualification
Preferred pathways for candidates considering this qualification noting a reduced duration of 52 weeks from 78 weeks include:
- After achieving ICT50715 Diploma of Software Development, or other relevant IT qualifications or units equivalent to the core of ICT50715 as listed below:
- – ICTICT418 contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an IT environment
- – ICTPRG502 Manage a project using software management tools
- – ICTPRG418 Apply intermediate programming skills in another language
- – ICTPRG527 Apply intermediate object-oriented language skills
- – ICTPRG501 Apply advanced object-oriented language skills
- – ICTPRG523 Apply advanced programming skills in another language
- – ICTPRG504 Deploy an application to a production environment
- – ICTPRG529 Apply testing techniques for software development
- With demonstrated vocational experience in a range of programming-related work environments in software programming, application programming, web development or similar.
- Overseas candidates must provide evidence of successful completion of an IT course which meets the unit outcomes as mentioned above.
- If candidate already holds a Certificate II, III, IV or Diploma of IT, he/she will need to submit verified Certificates / Statement of Attainment for recognition purposes.
Pathway FROM the qualification
ICT15 Vocational Graduate Certificate or Bachelor degree qualification or other higher education sector qualifications.
- Senior IT role within organisations
- IT Systems Manager / IT Consultant / IT Security Systems Manager
- Database Programmer / Web Developer
- The course also provides a path (advanced standing) for those intending to further study into a Bachelor Degree
The ICT60115 Course Schedules
|Course Duration||1 Year
(48 teaching weeks, 4 weeks break)
|Class Schedule||*20 Hours (per week)|
|Session Times||Wednesday – Friday
|Cluster||Lead IT Teams (12 weeks)
|Manage IT Projects (12 weeks)
|Manage Business Systems (12 weeks)
|Data Security and Management (12 weeks)
* Students may be required to complete additional hours beyond class times to complete the course.
|ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of IT
– 1 Year (52 weeks)
|Application Fee (Non-refundable)||$150|
|Overseas Student Health Cover (Medibank) – 1 Year||$581.40 / Year (approx.)|
*Note all above prices include GST