CTI has resources and staff available to help students if necessary. If you are facing problems of any kind, please do not hesitate to contact any of the staff. Our staff members are always happy to help you whenever possible. Please take advantage of the support facilities available before any problems become an issue, so that you may have a happy and rewarding experience while you are studying at CTI.
CTI campus is modern and well-equipped. It has a wide range of facilities which include lecture rooms, specialised training rooms, library, and computer laboratories with internet and e-mail facilities. Student common rooms with vending machines, dining facilities, centralised air-conditioning and heater, kitchen with microwave and refrigerator add to the relaxed atmosphere. CTI offers a range of student support services in both academic and personal areas. These services are available free of charge to all enrolled students. The following support services are available to students:
The orientation program is conducted for all new students arriving on campus at the beginning of the course. A briefing is conducted on Australian culture and course outline. Students are also given a campus tour and are introduced to academic and administrative staff.
CTI provides support services to its students. NOM/Manager – Student Services is appointed for the provision of support services to:
- Adjust to life and study in Australia.
- Assist in the resolution of problems, which could impede in their studies.
- Introduction & welcome
- Student registration form
- VET FEE HELP assistance
- USI Number (Unique Student Identifier)
- Course information, time table, learning & assessment strategies
- Student rights and obligations
- Complaints and appeals processes
- Learner needs survey
- Orientation feedback form
- Emergency evacuation directions & protocol
- Student ID Cards
Personal counselling services
CTI offers professional counselling service to students and staff. The student counselling service is designed to assist students in dealing with a wide range of problems including managing stress, handling conflicts, emotional issues, improving motivation, enhancing study skills, organising study time and any other issue that may be upsetting the student.
If you require personal counselling services, please contact Student Services or the campus Manager to make the necessary arrangements.
CTI offers academic support to students in addition to their regular scheduled lectures. To assist students in their assignments there are Assignment Referencing workshops to help prevent plagiarism.
Additional tutorial support is organised for students requiring academic assistance. Workshops are conducted for students with academic difficulties such as study skills, counselling, support and guidance is offered to students who have academic difficulties. Students are advised to contact their respective course trainer or course coordinator/s for any additional academic support. The course coordinator/s will then refer you to the respective staff that will then provide you with relevant assistance.
LLN (Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills)
During the orientation process, students will be offered to fill in a “Learner Needs Survey” form, which will collect information about individual learning styles and needs. This form will be an exercise to determine if CTI needs to deploy additional resources to accommodate student’s learning needs to achieve the desired outcome and offer equal learning opportunities.
USI Number help
The USI system generates a unique student number which students can use though out their studies in Australia. The USI allows access to a full range of study information fast and easy.
CTI Administration staff will request consent from the student to generate a USI for them
Will record the students generated USI into CTI’s student management system.
During orientation CTI representative (Manager – Student Services or the counsellor) will explain the need for the “Learner Needs” survey to the student,
- Students will complete it during the orientation session and hand it back to the person in charge
- Manager – Student Services will analyse each individual for and seek and special needs or requirement of any students
- If any needs are addressed, the NOM/Manager – Student Services will further discuss (verbal) the needs with the concerned student and assess the needs further to ascertain what training and learning strategies would be required
- NOM/Manager – Student Services / ACC will then discuss the strategies with the trainer / tutor and make arrangements for regular monitoring of the student’s performance via the student’s evaluation sheet or academic progress and performance.
In the event that a student needs access to literacy and numeracy skills training, CTI will make available a staff member with appropriate qualifications (Adult Teaching qualifications). CTI will dedicate at least 2 hours a week to teach students literacy and numeracy skills to assist students in meeting the LLN requirements of the training package.